Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Monroe, Ohio: A Travel Recommendation

Well, you all know how much we looooooooove Ohio (ha..haha!), so really, I'd like to say just skip the state all together. But if you HAVE to go or are in the area to visit family (us?!), you should all go to Monroe, Ohio home to 'Touchdown Jesus,' 'Big Butter Jesus,' 'Super Jesus,' 'Terminator Jesus,' 'Quicksand Jesus,' or whatever you want to call it.

When we found out we were moving to Ohio, my Dad texted me a picture of the original 'Touchdown Jesus' and said, heyyyy look what you have to look forward to. I, of course thought, this thing has got to be photoshopped. There's no way someone built a Jesus statue that big. Not real. No way. And quickly forgot all about the guy.

Well, I was wrong. I have driven back and forth from Beavercreek to Cincinnati many times now. And never, ever, did I see this ridiculous statue. Turns out, it had burnt down. It was struck my lightening. I'm serious. (Watch a video of it on fire here!!). It had not been rebuilt. But recently I was driving back from Cinci and I saw it... from a loooong ways away (yes, it's that's big). I slowed, moved over into the close lane, and like a terrible driver, took a picture of it. I could NOT believe it.

But this thing is just ridiculous. And I had to see it up close. So we went... multiple times... I'm not proud. But here he is...  The newly rebuilt, mega-Jesus.



And if you're in the area, I suggest you check it out. It's only a minute off the interstate. Quite frankly, I think this might be the only thing here worth seeing.






1 comment:

  1. Hi! I nominated you for a Liebster Award! Check out my page for more info :)

    ReplyDelete