Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Dog Food for Dummies

aka Boston

So apparently my awesome euro-travel blog has turned into a not so awesome dogblog.. I'm lame. I guess that's ok, but only for this 6 month USA break (then immediately back to the travels, promise).

So today I had to take Riva to her pre-spay appointment at the vet. I have the worst dog luck EVER.. turns out she has a heart murmur. Not that big of a deal, but still. Anyways, while I was there, I asked the vet if she had any suggestions on how to help Boston eat (Boston inhales food like a vacuum - never chewing, only sucking it up, the whole time choking and after, very bloated - Remember in Marley and Me when the stomach twists or whatever? Well, I don't want that happen to my fav dog, so I asked). She suggested spreading a bowl of food around the room and letting her hunt for it. So today, we tried it. Man did it slow her down. I have never seen her take so long to finish only a cup of food! Good suggestion Dr. MacMillon.



(the set-up)

Boston, sniffing and searching for the goods: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cofp6kVde38

No comments:

Post a Comment