Tuesday, February 15, 2011

pesto, sorbet, inception, oh my

No, those three do not go to together.. at all, BUT that is what my Valentine's Day consisted of... that and the gym and work.

Of course, I was never much on the holiday, but yesterday was just a day to remind me that he isn't here. Thanks.

I made homemade pesto and homemade sorbet last night for dinner.. followed by the movie 'Inception.' Both the pesto and sorbet were FAB so I decided I should share the recipes..

Mango/Lime Sorbet from Vegetarian Times: (delicious and healthy!)

4c frozen mango chunks
1/2c agave nectar (I used guava nectar because I couldn't find agave)
1/4c fresh lime juice

Thaw mango chunks for 15 minutes in food processor. Add other ingredients. Puree. Put in shallow serving bowls and freeze for 30 minutes/until ready to serve.

Homemade Pesto:(again with the food processor - don't make both in the same day, then you just have to wash it 2x)

2 bunches of fresh basil
1 lemon
2 cloves of garlic
salt
pepper
3/4c EVOO
1/2c Parmesan (shred first, don't expect the processor to do all the work)

Put it food processor, pulse, voila!

This is one of A's FAVORITE recipes! We like it over cold pasta served with feta and cherry tomatoes on top! Delicious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment