Thursday, August 12, 2010

Put it on My Tab

With traveling comes the inevitable accidental wasting of money. Up until the past two months, we had yet to see this waste, but now it's out and in full force.

It all started in Italy on our anniversary trip. First thing in the morning, going through security we find out Alex cannot carry-on his fishing rod (although I had suspected this before..) and he was forced to check his bag. 45 euros going. 45 euros coming back. We get to the train station in Bergamo to train to Pisa. We go to the desk to buy our ticket because I usually get an age discount, being under 25. I tell the man at the desk, two one-way tickets to Pisa. We pay, look at the tickets, come to find out he has given us both round-trip tickets, thus wasting 28euros. We get on the train and are making good time when the ticket-checker comes around to check our ticket. Turns out, we're on an Express Train when we paid for a Regional Train (my Riva teachers would be extremely disappointed.. I know). We are forced to pay the difference - 40euros. What are we at, 158euros? This is all in one day. Not looking so good for the Rapalje team, but it's our anniversary, so forgive and forget, let's go on vacation! Verona, Pisa, and Cinque Terre were overall a success and we didn't waste anymore money, at least that I can remember.

I lost my Ray Bans... 200 euros. Put it on my tab.

I go to Ibiza and get robbed... 320 euros. Put in on my tab.

Yesterday, we checking over our September Spain trip with Hannah & John. We are checking over the flights, the dates, the hotels, and the dogs. I'm reading the dates out loud to A and turns out, one of us (not sure which seeing as we've booked many many flights in the past 6 months) booked our flights home from Mallorca for the wrong day - the 23rd instead of the 16th. Sweet. We rebook and 200euros later, are flying back on the 16th of September. Hallelujah.

What are we at now? You know what, nevermind, I don't want to know. Is this a run of bad luck? A series of unfortunate, careless events? Are we just getting stupid in our old age? Or is this what happens when you travel 2 out of the 4 weekends of the month?

It's official, Europe's breaking the bank.

No comments:

Post a Comment