Sunday, May 22, 2011

first weekend back!

What a great first weekend back in Germany. Thankfully, an old friend picked me up from the airport and took me home. Immediately I got to meet up with friends and German neighbors. Day 2: Laura arrived to visit! That night, we went to Sarah's going away party - a wein probe in Osann-Monzel with good food, good wine, and good friends. Day 3: I attempted to fix the Maxima (FYI don't leave your car unattended for 7 months) & Laura and I lounged on the porch in the 80F full sun weather and walked to get gelato. That night, last night, the whole gang came over for a welcome home/farewell cookout. Again, good food, good drinks, and good friends. They stayed over til late, a full night of drinks and games, the usual! We have made some great friends while here and most are PCSing within the month. I am so very sad to see them go :(










What a life! Only thing missing is A and the dogs! As for me today, I'll be getting the house ready for A's return and relaxing. Cosa Nova (our fav restaurant) tonight for dinner with Sarah & Eric!! Ravioli al tartufo nero. DELICIOUSNESS!

No comments:

Post a Comment