Thursday, November 3, 2011

Florence, Italy: A Travel Recommendation

Let me just start by saying, Florence is not my favorite city. You talk to those who just 'looove' it, and then more who feel the same way as I just, eh. Don't get me wrong, it's a nice city, nothing WRONG with it, but it's just not as impressive as you hear, in MY opinion. For those that go to Italy once and Florence is a stop, they just rave about it. But for those who get to see more of Italy, they tend rank it as I do, eh. Florence has LOADS of museums if that's your thing. I got a little museum-ed out while studying abroad in college. Florence also has LOADS of shopping, if that's your thing. I don't travel Europe to shop. Florence also has LOADS of English speakers if that's your thing. DEFINITELY not mine. So really, if you want a recommendation about Florence, only spend a day there... or ask someone else!

To See:

*Michelangelo's David lives up to the hype - see it! It lives in the Accademia
*Ponte Vecchio - a picturesque bridge - worth a 4 minute walk
*Botticelli's Birth of Venus - lives in the Uffizi
*The Duomo


the Duomo, Florence


the Duomo, Florence


Ponte Vecchio, Florence

No comments:

Post a Comment