Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Riva San Vitale, Switzerland: A Travel Recommendation

Riva San Vitale holds a near and dear place to my heart. Studying and living there was probably one of the best 3 months of my life. I want to tell everyone to visit because it is the typical, quaint, picturesque, lake-side Swiss town. But at the same time, I want to tell no one to visit, so it stays exactly how it is. Would someone who didn't study there appreciate it like me? A did, but he's an obvious exception. He heard my constant praise of the town while I was there. He had high expectations and he says Riva lived up to them. He even ranked it over Kasel (WOAH! THIS IS BIG TIME!).

While we were there, we visited the Battistero (the oldest Christian church in Switzerland), Santa Croce, walked through the streets, walked to and ate at Hotel Svissero, and even got to tour the Casa! My very favorite Mill Mountain Regular, an architect professor, is teaching there this semester. I emailed him ahead of time to see if we could meet up for lunch. It worked out perfectly! He let us walk around the Casa, I got to show A all the places I raved about, and then the three of us headed to get the best pizza in the world! A said the Casa was NOTHING like he imagined, much larger and nicer than he pictured it! Yes, I was very lucky to get to study there.. I know.









2 of the 3 famous Hotel Svissero Pizzas. Not often did we eat away from the Casa when in Riva (why would we - we had a chef!), but when parents would visit, some would take a few close friends out and we ALWAYS went to Hotel Svissero. The pizza is to DIE FOR.


Frank and Pizza Prosciutto


Over lunch, Frank proceeded to tell A and I that we looked a like.. kind of like these two bottles. Hmmm.. Never been told that before. Comments?!

No comments:

Post a Comment