Thursday, June 14, 2012

Boston and Riva are on vacation too!

I was reading my usual blogs this morning after kayaking around the Zaton Bay (rough life, I know) and found this website: http://dogvacay.com/ Suddenly, I got (only a little) more excited to go back to America.

I know, I know, it's only a small thing, sending your dogs to someone's HOUSE instead of a kennel. And to some, it may seem like no big deal. But part of the reason we are able to travel SO very much in Europe is because we have three AWESOME options of what to do with the dogs when we travel.

1. Take them with us. Almost everyone in Europe is super pet friendly. They can go in shops, in restaurants, in hotels, and the like. Every Monday and Friday I had German class for a year and I ALWAYS brought one of the dogs (2 was a bit much). They used my dogs as babysitters for the women who brought their children to class.

2. The neighbor girls, Jill and Svenja. They were absolutely great to live beside, especially with the dogs. They would often come over to walk them even if we weren't traveling. They would gladly exchange dog watching services for American food.. hot dogs, oreos, pancake mix, 'green soda' (Mt. Dew), or a few shirts from Forever21, etc.

3. Kirsten and Roland. LIFESAVERS. When we first got here, a few of the pilot wives I was friends wtih told me about a couple near the base who watches the dogs. They kept telling me, it's not your typical kind of place, if you want a kennel, don't go here. No, it's not your typical kind of place. It's like dropping your dogs off at a vacation home. Kirsten and Roland are animal lovers to the enth degree. They have 5 dogs, x number of cats, x number of dogs, etc. LOVE animals. And, lucky us, they watch dogs... our dogs... and love them. They have a huge back yard area, an area for the dogs to dig, an area for the dogs to swim, etc. The dogs get excited when we get in the car because they love going to Kirsten and Rolands. Love it. When we go and pick them up, the dogs are absolutely exhausted and stink to high heavens. Translation: They had a great time.

Having three absolutey solid options of what to do with the dogs is key to traveling. And I think dogvacay.com may bring me that reassurance in America!

1 comment:

  1. Hello there! Do you know if they make any plugins to help with SEO?
    I'm trying to get my blog to rank for some targeted keywords but I'm not seeing very
    good success. If you know of any please share.
    Appreciate it!

    My web blog: long island mold tests

    ReplyDelete